This workshop is being offered by Medicine by Design with travel and registration support for selected trainees provided by OIRM.
Making your research accessible to a broad audience — be it school-age children, financial investors, policy makers, the media or another researcher working in a different discipline — is a critical skill for any researcher. Communicating effectively enables you to inform and inspire others and ultimately advances your work.
Medicine by Design in partnership with Talk Boutique is offering a multi-day workshop focused on creating accessible and engaging scientific talks for a general audience. A limited number of seats will be made available to graduate students and post-doctoral fellows who are part of the OIRM.
The workshop will include:
- two half-day sessions roughly a month apart focused on developing your story and polishing your performance;
- small groups up to a maximum of 15 participants;
- two one-on-one 60-minute coaching check-ins via phone/Skype between workshops;
- opportunities throughout the year to present your talk to a general audience; and
- a safe, friendly environment facilitated by experienced communication professionals.
This workshop will be held over two sessions on Jan. 30 and March 6, 2018 (session 1 and session 2). Coaching will be scheduled directly with the instructor between the two sessions.