OIRM is a network of 1700+ stem cell biologists, bioengineers, clinicians, industry and business leaders and their trainees working within stem cell and regenerative medicine in Ontario. With members located in nine cities across the province, we are a community that supports collaboration between labs and across disciplines to advance both basic research and clinical translation.
- Members must hold a primary, full-time faculty appointment at an Ontario University or affiliated Research Institute
- Members require a PhD and/or MD in a scientific field appropriate to stem cell and regenerative medicine research
- Members require at least two published academic papers in the field of stem cell and regenerative medicine; for clinicians, a strong interest in regenerative medicine approaches in their area of clinical expertise can act as a substitute
As a member of our community, you and your trainees have access to many resources and programs to help support your research. OIRM member benefits include:
You are an important member of this community and as a member of OIRM, we encourage you be active members of the community, through your own participation in OIRM activities and by encouraging your trainees to attend our education talks and workshops. Because the strength of the community is built upon its scientists, OIRM members may be called upon to provide talks, engage with the public and become advocates for the OIRM’s programs and opportunities. Download our membership benefits document.
If you meet the above criteria and are willing to be an active part of our community, please provide the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A one-paragraph statement on official letterhead explaining why you would like to be a member of OIRM and how our network can benefit your research
- Updated CV, highlighting publications in the field of stem cell and regenerative medicine
After an internal review, those approved, will be added to our "OIRM Scientists" webpage, http://oirm.ca/oirm-scientists. To complete your profile you will be asked to provide the following information;
- link to your university profile
- link to your hospital/research institute profile
- one paragraph on your research interests
- link to your PubMed listing
- five key words to describe your research
- a high-resolution photo (head shot)
- admin contact info (if applicable)
- a list of trainees and email addresses
For more information about OIRM membership, our membership benefits or to apply please contact Jodi.email@example.com.