Fast Five: Meet Dr. Bernard Thébaud
Fast 5 features quick, personal profiles of our research team members. This week, it’s Dr. Bernard Thébaud, Senior Scientist, Regenerative Medicine Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute.
1. What are you reading for pleasure right now?
The Essential Wooden – A Lifetime of Lessons on Leaders and Leadership by John Wooden and Steve Jamison.
2. What is the most worthwhile non-monetary investment you’ve made?
Marrying my wife.
3. What advice would you give your younger self?
Believe in yourself.
4. What prompted you to get into regenerative medicine?
The potential to make a substantial impact in improving the outcome of critically ill babies. There is no greater fulfillment than to see parents carry their child out of the NICU and to hope that we set him/her up for success in life.
5. If you could buy one new toy for the lab right now – if money was not an issue – what would you get and why?
I call it “The Box”, but it does not yet exist: a one-stop-shop closed system to manufacture-store-release a high-quality cell therapy for use in patients.