Fast Five: Meet Sandra Donaldson
Fast 5 features quick, personal profiles of our research team members. This week: Sandra Donaldson, Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Ontario Institute of Regenerative Medicine
1. What are you reading for pleasure right now?
Beyond Words: What Animals Think and Feel by Carl Safina.
2. What is the most worthwhile non-monetary investment you’ve made?
Practicing yoga and meditation most days to keep the monkey mind quiet (not always successful!).
3. What advice would you give your younger self?
Don’t let other people tell you ‘no’.
4. What prompted you to get into regenerative medicine?
More than 10 years ago, I met some stem cell researchers in Toronto who wanted to take things to the next level – I like building things from the ground up.
5. If you could buy one new toy for the lab right now – what would you get and why?
I don’t have a lab, but I would be thrilled if there was a seamless, secure system to manage your passwords! I know there are apps out there, but do they really work?