Dr. Héon’s interests include inherited eye disorders: gene discovery, genotype-phenotype correlations, and clinical trials and her activities include:
- Molecular characterization of corneal dystrophies
- Molecular characterization of BardetBiedl Syndrome
- Molecular characterization of inherited cataract
- Development of a Registry of Inherited retinal diseases
- Clinical trial for Retinoblastoma
- Assessment of visual function parameters in retinal dystrophies
Dr.Héon’s research involves the genetic mapping and candidate gene analysis of genes involved in inherited retinal dystrophies most specifically.