My research activities all relate to various aspects of Vitreoretinal Surgery, with a particular emphasis on questions which, when answered, will have relevance to the practice of clinical Vitreoretinal Surgery.
- Doppler assessment of retinal capillary blood flow in diabetics
- Combined scleral buckle and vitrectomy surgery for primary pseudophakic retinal detachments
- Hypobaric chamber studies of patients with intraocular gas bubbles
- Scanning laser ophthalmoscopic assessment of macular edema with experimental pharmacologic agents
- Systemic treatment of retinal vascular occlusion
- Microvascular complications of insulin dependent diabetes mellitus in young patients with eating disorders
- Study of the efficacy of intravitrealHyaluronidase for ophthalmic intravitreal injection for clearance of severe vitreous hemorrhage
- A study of the potential benefits of Brimonidine on retinal detachment
- A study of a novel new intravitreal implant, Retisert
- A study of the efficacy of sheathotomy for branch retinal vein occlusions
- Radial Optic Neurotomy for central retinal vein occlusion
We are working on the development of a novel new treatment for wet macular degeneration, involving the creation of a device which combines digital ultra-high speed indocyanine green angiography and diode laser photocoagulation for choroidalneovascular membranes.