Clinical Translation Workshop – Manufacturing, reimbursement and running a clinical trial
Add to Calendar
February 21, 2019 @ 9:45 am – 4:00 pm
OIRM’s Clinical Translation Initiative Workshop series is focused on the translation of research studies from the lab into the clinic, bringing together key stakeholders to discuss critical steps and share lessons learned. This workshop will focus on cell manufacturing, clinical trial reimbursement and logistics of running a clinical trial.
This workshop will cover several topics including:
- Central versus source manufacturing of cell therapy products
- IABS guidelines on IPS/ES cell usage and manufacturing
- Reimbursement modelling in Canada including reimbursement strategy for institutional manufacturing
- Recruitment and retention of patients
- Research design methodology
- Regulatory considerations for commercialization and translation
- Harry Atkins, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- Christopher McCabe, Institute for Health Economics
- Dean Fergusson, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- Siofradh McMahon, CCRM
- Terrence Yau, University Health Network
- David Courtman, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
Register for this event here or download the agenda.
A limited number of travel awards are available to help support out of town attendees. Please indicate your interest in being considered for travel support on your registration. Deadline to apply for travel support is January, 31, 2019.